slide show

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Anne Marie and Algernong - getting ready

Greetings month of December! My birthday being in December, and Christmas (one of my all time fav holidays) makes me want to click my bohemian heels in glee every December 1st. :D

So to celebrate, I thought I would post some of my favorite images from 1 of my favorite weddings that I shot this year. I was fortunate enough to shoot the wedding of CBS's own Anne Marie Green (now Mrs Allen!) this past September. Anne Marie and Algernong were married at the Lemon Hill Mansion on September 6, 2009. I'll be posting ceremony pics in a few days, but here are a few from early in the day, getting ready at the hotel.

One of the big things that Anne Marie and I clicked about was our common love of all that's artistic and unique. So of course I went ga-ga over the invites - aren't they neat!?!

This next is one of my fav's. usually I would try to photoshop myself out of the shot, but in this instance I thought it worked well with the picture to leave the photog in. :)

I loved her necklace - simple and elegant but with plenty of sparkly color. (everyone knows how much Ivy loves the sparkly, lol) This beautiful detail shot was taken by Nelz and hand painted by me.

Check out the before and after:

I couldn't resist being my usual color junkie self when editing this bouquet shot ;)

A little cross processing for this next one, I was after the pale feeling of the late morning light.

I loooooved these shoes! They're girly and whimsical, all at the same time.

If you notice, Algernong's name is inside the shoes. They actually said "Michael", as they are shoes by Michael Shannon. But I felt that it would be a much sweeter for picture's sake, if she had Algernon's name in there instead, so I photo-shopped it in.

I used the same technique for the above shoe shot as for the bellow image. It's become a favorite for me for black and whites. I use a combination of NIK filters, stylize -> glowing edges in photoshop (no, it doesn't actually make things glow in this case, I only use it to give the image a slight illustrated feel), and reverse vignette. So this look is actually a 4 step process but I feel it's well worth it for the lovely artistic effect that it gives - almost like a really great pencil sketch.

Anne Marie used blue temporary tattoo's as her 'something blue' - clever, huh? I love that idea!

I've been tinkering with this idea for awhile now - sepia with 1 thing blue. I see it done all the time (and have done some myself) of black and white images with 1 thing red. I thought it might be different and cool to try making the whole image sepia with 1 thing blue. I've tried it on a couple close up images, I think next I would like to see how it works out for a larger, busier shot. Though I like how this came out, I think next time I want to pale down the blue and the sepia . . . hmmm . . . . I'll keep tinkering. ;)

For gifts for her bridesmaids, Anne Marie gave thse cool ipods with Swarovski headphones.



Doesn't she look like a dark haired Marilyn Monroe? She went for a 1940's-1950's classic hollywood feel with her hair, make up and gown and I have to say that while editing her pics I just keep getting that vibe so strongly.

Can't forget the reception dress!

Where does she find all these cute shoes!? Some women just have the gift, lol.

I couldn't resist playing with the mirror reflection here. That's not photoshop - just the way they happened to be standing and how I shot it.

That's all for now, but keep checking back! I have oodles more to post from Anne Marie's wedding, as well as many others.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. The "professional" photographer at my wedding was more of just a dude with camera :(

    ReplyDelete


Blog Archive

Have a Facebook account? Click here to follow my blog!

Followers