slide show

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow Dayz

Ever since I was a kid I have always loved the snow. Enough snow equals a day off from school (or work), and I certainly have lots of happy kid-memories of snow days. I love how everything is quiet and still, and all that was dirty looks pristine again. (though it's also certainly true that nothing looks quite so ucky as dirty snow!) And I don't know about you're neighborhood, but where I grew up lots of us kids used to say that the first snowfall of the season was magical. We would have a grand time catching the flakes on our tongues and making wishes. (in retrospect I suspect this behavior to be a direct offshoot of watching the 1969 Frosty the Snowman tv special one too many times) ;) As I got older and began to have to deal with the back breaking jobs of shoveling and car cleaning, my joy in the blessed white event started to decline a tad. lol But these days, though too much still makes me crazy, I am learning to re-appreciate the snow.

As some of you know who follow me on Facebook, I moved in with my fiance in August of 2009. We moved again this past August 2010 to Yardley, Pa, where his 10 year old daughter (Ava) joined us. My own daughter is 18, so it's been quite a few years since I've had a kid around the house. It has taken some getting used to, especially with learning to balance my editing schedule with my new step mom role, but the smiles that it brings are well worth it. The latest of these is helping me to remember the joys of snow days. :) With over a foot out there (i think we got around 14") there was plenty to play with!

If Ava wasn't in the house, I probably would have just holed up in front of my computer like always. But she was so excited for snow playtime and she drug my butt outside. I grabbed my camera and got some really cute shots.


And no, she doesn't really have purple/pink hair. lol They had Crazy Hair Day at school right before it snowed, and Ava sprayed hers with purple hair spray.

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive

Have a Facebook account? Click here to follow my blog!

Followers