slide show

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2010 Publications

2010 was a quiet year for non-wedding related art in Ivy's world. I have been so busy with moving, becoming a new step mom (and soon to be grand-mom! Yikes!) that my personal projects with models have taken a back seat. I do miss it. But it inevitably follows that too much model shooting makes me unhappy too, and then I wish for weddings, lol. Though lately I am having a really great time making my brides into my models, and I am eager to see how this will enhance my artistic vision in 2011.

I did have one model shoot that turned out quite well in 2010. Originally it was done for Alt Noir magazine's anniversary issue, where some of my art was being featured:


Model: Sharon TK
 Make up: Darya Latham
Hair stylist : Robin Dorton

  

Then Harlow Magazine contacted me about using one of the images not chosen by Alt Noir for their September cover. I was super tickled, as the image they chose was my favorite of the day, and the one I took extra special time to make an art piece out of.


                                                                              Wanna see the original, unedited version?

                                                                                                         Neat, huh?

They chose this next image for bookmarks (which they were kind enough to send some to me, thank you Harlow!) and autographed-by-Sharon posters. As you can see, I didn't do the heart-beads on this one. It's tedious and time consuming, so I only did it for what I considered to be the 'wow image'.


 Other happenings in 2010: My image of Kasia as a Hollywood Starlet won Model Mayhem's Pic of the Day contest, so that was pretty full of awesomeness!


And last but certainly far from least!~ I was again privileged to have some of my work included in the Pin Ups for Pitbulls Calendar. Pinups for Pit Bulls, Inc. works to educate the public about the history and temperament of the American Pit Bull Terrier and pit bull type dogs, to raise awareness about Breed Specific Legislation and Breed-Specific abuse, and to raise funds for "bully-breed"-friendly  rescues and dogs in need.

The past 2 years I have had the good fortune to shoot the set for the founder, Deirdre Franklin a.k.a. Little Darling. (No relation, though I would certainly be honored to include such an amazing lady in my family!) This year's theme was 'A Media Circus'. As soon as I heard that, I had serious misgivings. I have only ever failed horribly at a theme-shoot once in my life, and it was a circus themed shoot. I haven't tried it again since. I'm sure someday I will again, but in the meantime I still have nightmares about models dressed as clowns. :)~

Besides, though I love pin up and do shoot it sometimes, Hollywood Noir is really alot more my gig. There is a far superior pin up shooter right here in Philadelphia - Celeste Giuliano. In my personal opinion, I think she's one of the best pin up photographer's out there today. And obviously Little Darling agrees too! Celeste shot the cover of the calender, as well as Little Darling's month and much more! Check it out!


Where did I fit in this year? It just so happens that a very beautiful young lawyer hired me to make her a pitbull-lovin' pin up girl, thank you very much! ;) Sandra Dee, along with furry friends Stella and Jema, were chosen to be the month of June.

Make Up and Hair: Rob Paluso 
Stella is  from Phillypaws.org  and Jema is owned by Erin Doody through PSPCA.org


                                     My apologies for the blatant watermarks. Unfortunately image theft runs riot on the internet.

                                                                                Another image we did just for fun, sans pups.

                                          And as always happens with Pin Ups for Pitbulls, the media was quick to pick up the story!

If you'd like to find out more about Pin Ups for Pitbulls, you can visit the website here: PinUps For Pitbulls
To purchase a copy of the calendar, visit here: PFPB 2011 Calendar



                                

1 comment:

  1. I THINK my favorite from this post is the photo of Kasia....but they're all so unbelievably gorgeous, how could I ever choose? You have an incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete


Blog Archive

Have a Facebook account? Click here to follow my blog!

Followers