slide show

Friday, June 25, 2010

Mike and Cindy

I still have a few weddings to post, as well as some very cool magazine and model photos that I've been doing. However, I am also moving again soon. (ugh. HATE packing and unpacking!) Between going through boxes and closets, and keeping up with a busy wedding season, my days have been awfully hectic. So thank you to my blog readers for your patience with me! And don't forget - you can always see my latest art and wedding pieces posted on my Facebook Page!

This is a wedding that I've been meaning to post for some time now. I knew Cindy was going to be a bride I would love to shoot from the moment I first met her. When we were going through my images, she got all choked up telling me how important her wedding day photos are to her. It was one of those 'you had me at hello' moments as a photographer, lol. There is nothing I love more than giving a bride the gift of seeing her own beauty, and knowing that it has touched her. My daughter used call it "making ladies prettyful".

Cindy and Mike were married at the Joseph Ambler Inn, in a small outdoor ceremony, on September 25, 2009.


Kudos to Cindy and her brave choice of red lip color! It totally made these photos. The red lips of Snow White in this first garden, fairy tale style image.

                               
              And her lips picking up the color of the red trim behind her really make her face pop in this next one.


Mike and his groomsmen pose for a photo-opp with Serena.


As the ceremony was about to begin, Serena and I saw a beautiful hummingbird hovering around the area. I included the images we took in Cindy's photos, as I couldn't help but see it as a sign for them as they start their new life together. I also included the symbolism of the hummingbird:

"Because of its speed, the hummingbird is known as a messenger and stopper of time. It is also a symbol of love and joy. The hummingbird is able to fly backwards, teaching us that we can look back on our past. But, this bird also teaches that we must not dwell on our past; we need to move forward. When the hummingbird hovers over flowers while drinking nectar, we learn that we should savor each moment, and appreciate the things we love."


                                                                                                  The ceremony . . . .


                                                                          Mike sees his bride for the first time. . . .


This next image turned out to be one of Cindy's favorites of the day, and a large print of it now graces their living room. :)

                              Love this next spontaneous shot! I had it up as my Facebook main image for quite awhile.

              
                                             Want beautiful couple's portraits? Give me TIME! I ask for at least 45 minutes.



                                                                                    A little Hollywood Noir . . . . . ;)



                                                                   Mike and Cindy's reception was all about candlelight.



One of the rare photos I added grain too on purpose. Normally I'm not a big fan of grain, but I usually end up with a handful of images from each wedding where I feel it fits, to give the image that old film camera look.



                                                                       Time to party!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Archive

Have a Facebook account? Click here to follow my blog!

Followers